AUTHORS, PUBLISHERS AND PUBLICISTS
In accordance with new FTC guidelines regarding endorsements and testimonials for bloggers, I would like to let you know that all books reviewed by me were purchased personally or I was given the book by the publisher/author for the purpose of a review. If the book is an ARC I will indicate that in the post. I receive no financial compensation for the reviews I provide.
Just because I receive a book for review does not persuade me to write a good review and I do reserve the right to not review the work. I review these books because I love to read and like to share my opinion with everyone. If I feel that the book isn't something I will finish I will find try to find someone else to review it.
I love to read paranormal romance, urban fantasy, paranormal young adult, horror, historical fiction, mystery/thrillers, biographies/memoirs, and some chick lit. I do read just about every genre, but those are the main ones.
AUTHORS, PUBLISHERS AND PUBLICISTS
If you would like me to review your work, you can contact me at kopsahl48 AT gmail DOT com. I am open to receiving advanced reader's copies and non-advanced copies in the genres list above and swag to give away. I accept digital galleys/ARCs for review. My preferred method of receiving e-galleys is through NetGalley, where I am a listed Review Organization Accepting NetGalley Titles, or edelweiss.
My time-frame is normally within 3-6 months, depending on how many books I am reviewing or the content of a book. If you have an urgent request, I will do my best to accommodate you but I would prefer to have at least 2 weeks. Please include as many of the following as are relevant when emailing me (from The Blogger's Manifesto):
- What you are requesting (Review, Guest Post, Interview)
- Details of the Book (Title - Author - Publisher - Genre - Release Date)
- Length of Book
- If it is in a Series - Stand Alone or Continuing Series
- The Blurb and Link to an Excerpt (if not, an Excerpt at the end of the email)
- Minimum Two Links for further Information (Author Site, Publisher, if available to Amazon, B&N, etc) - These MUST be direct links to the title not ex. Amazon.com or Smashwords.com
- Approximate Date Range when you would like to post
- Closing - Name - Position (Author, Publicist, etc.) - Contact Info
If I accept your request I would appreciate the following along with your submission allowing free use of all materials posted without the worry of Copyright Infringement . Please state the release of these materials in your email:
- Author Bio - Short (three to five sentences) and Long
- Author Photo
- Book Covers - Link to High Resolution Image - Photobucket
- Buy Links for each Title (Include every site you want used)
- Links that go directly to the book in stores (ex. not Amazon.com or Smashwords.com)
- A Link to an Excerpt for each Title (If we have permission to re-post the Excerpt please include a mention of this with the link - advise stating if the Excerpt is for use or NOT within posts)
After reviewing I will post the review to my blog, GoodReads, Paperbackswap, LibraryThing, Amazon and if applicable several other outlets. I will also post a link on my Facebook page, Twitter account and Pinterest and email you that the post is up with a link to it. Please let me know if there are other places that you would like me to post the review and I will do my best to accommodate you.
I am always willing to do interviews, guest posts, and contests/giveaways.
A few notes:
- I will NOT give away your ARC without your permission until after the release date.
- I will NOT resell your ARC under any circumstances.
- If you have provided me with an ARC, I will publish the review no earlier then 1 month before the release date.
- If provided with a digital galley, I will delete it after I have read it.