This is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week bloggers share a list of books for the prompt given.
This week the topic is:
Top Ten Books I Thought I'd Like MORE/LESS Than I Did
1. Scorpio Rising by Monique Domovitch-when this was recommended to me I didn't think I would like it based on the synopsis but for some reason it just pulled me once I started reading it.
2. Red Rain by R.L. Stine-thought I couldn't go wrong with a R.L. Stine book but unfortunately this one failed to grab me.
3. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin-I am not a reader of high fantasy and thought I would never be able to follow the storyline. I was surprised at how easily I was able to follow along and the storyline is powerful and you seriously don't know who Martin might kill off..or bring back!
4. Beauty by Laurell K. Hamilton-was seriously disappointed in this novella but I am a dedicated fan to this series.
5. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James-I had to force myself to finish the first installment in this trilogy. My friends loved it but it just wasn't my cup of tea. There really wasn't anything to set it apart from any other erotica book that I have read.
6. Dearly Departed by Lia Habel-I was not a huge zombie book reader but Habel made me a fan.
7. Kiss of the Rose by Kate Pearce-I had really high hopes for this series but it fell flat and I never finished it.
8. Bossypants by Tina Fey-I have never laughed so hard while reading a book. This one had me rolling on the floor.
9. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness-I was a little worried with all the hype around this book but was pleasantly surprised at the journey it took me on.
10. Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep-I picked this one up at my local library when I was waiting for some other books to come in. I was floored with how amazing the lead character was and I have been hooked on this series ever since.